Meetings are a near-universal part of the workplace experience. And yet, they're often more frustrating than productive - with information that's either incomplete or misunderstood when it comes to sharing in the decision-making process. But AI note-takers, in the form of software, can change all that by providing valuable context in both written and visual formats for meetings, making them more valuable for everyone involved. AI is a big deal in the workplace, and it's going to change the way we work. But what is this technology, exactly?
Best 10 AI Note Takers Review
Price: Free & Paid ($10 - $19/month)
Fireflies.ai is a note-taking and meeting management tool that can effortlessly capture and share discussions in real-time and even help managers identify the topics and people to focus on during meetings. With just a few clicks, you can get Fireflies.ai approved for your organization, allowing you to customize how it works for your needs. It is ideal for workgroups that host multiple meetings per week where you find yourself struggling to keep up with all the discussions.
- Easily get a transcript from old recordings
- A detailed and efficient dashboard overview
- Share meeting notes automatically with others
- Setup can be confusing
- Relatively new software which needs more testing
Price: Free & Paid ($8.33 - $20/month)
Otter.ai is one of the best AI note-takers for meetings developed by two AI engineers. The duo believes that there is no need to waste time on manual note-taking because it's tedious and unproductive. Otter.ai does the job better than any human counterpart because it captures every single detail in a meeting due to its natural speech recognition technology. Otter.ai uses both Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning to record meetings. It can identify speakers with 98 per cent accuracy, transcribe their speech with 95 per cent accuracy, and is also able to recognize the emotions of the speaker.
- Great accuracy to interpret multiple sounds and speakers
- Export options to transport podcast/videos into blog posts or recycled content
- Reasonable price with the cheapest subscription being enough for normal use
- Free transcription reduced from 600 minutes to 3 imports
- Cannot share folders from your account with others
- Key combinations for shortcuts have to be re-adjusted as they perform multiple functions at once
Price: Free & Paid ($19 - $39/month)
Notiv.com is a new AI-based note-taking service that’s just been released to the public. It is a web app that allows you to dictate your notes and transcribe them into a neat little note. The service works by allowing you to create a meeting and invite attendees. When you start a meeting, you can dictate whatever you would like to say as a note. The best part is that Notiv.com is web-based so that you can access it from anywhere. It’s a great app for those who have a lot of notes to take from meetings.
Notiv can listen to your calls or meetings and take notes for you. You can use one of the pre-loaded templates to help it know what to write, or you can just let it go wild with your ongoing notes. It's useful for taking down new ideas and instructions quickly, but it isn't perfect yet.
- The great transcription that can be shared with the client right after the meeting
- Easy sync with Google calendar to join and record meetings automatically
- The free version is enough for normal usage
- Paid plans lack the number of minutes per month for professional users
- No free trial with the paid features
Hendrix.ai is an AI-powered note-taker that's made to be used in meetings. It also has a human-sounding voice when it talks, so it sounds like a real person. The company says the voice will sound more natural over time. The app is currently available on Android and iOS.
- A 14-day free trial
- Accurate transcriptions
- It is still under development with more AI-based features to come
- A bit more costly than other software
- No free usage after the 14-day trial period
- Misses out on a few online conferencing platforms
5. DeepTalk AI
Price: Free & Paid ($25 - $50/month)
If you’re looking for a way to record your meetings quickly, easily, and immediately, look no further. DeepTalk.ai is a great AI note-taker for meetings. It is a web-based application. You can simply schedule a meeting and invite others to join your meeting with a link. These applications are built around the idea of not missing any detail and being able to go back and look at your notes later. They offer a free trial and a 14-day money-back guarantee. The app is easy to use, having everything you would need for an effective meeting. It automatically captures the meeting agenda, summaries, notes, pictures and video. You can also scan your documents to import them into the app for later reference.
- Free trial of the pro version with a 14-day money-back guarantee
- Automatically capture meeting notes, agendas, pictures and videos
- Scan and import documents directly into the app for quick sharing
- The free version is quite limited in terms of features
- Monthly plans are again quite pricey
6. Meet Aira
MeetAira.ai is a cloud-based AI system that listens in on your meetings and records them to the cloud. It uses the power of artificial intelligence (AI) to make sure that it grabs almost everything you say. Once the meeting is over, MeetAira.ai will send you a link to your recordings with just the press of a button. You can easily share them with your colleagues. MeetAira.ai works on all major desktop and mobile platforms, including Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
- Transcripts all conversations to produce a voice recording at the end of your meeting
- Automatically analyze the meeting’s action items and mail them to all attendees
- Increases productivity, encourages collaboration and keeps all members up-to-date with the discussions
- Misses out on some online conferencing platforms like Google Meet
- Being free software, it lacks some premium features unlike its competitors
Price: Free & Paid ($16 - $40/month)
Colibri.ai is an AI-driven meeting note-taking assistant that aims to make meetings more productive, collaborative and streamlined. If you’ve ever been in a meeting where someone has taken notes on a laptop or Google Docs, you know that it can be a little chaotic. Colibri.ai is solving this problem with its AI-driven assistant, which allows you to create a note-taking process that works for your team. The best part is that once you’ve created a meeting template, it can be used for future meetings. So if you use the same template continuously, it can learn to do that for you. It helps in cutting out the time that you might have spent on creating another template.
- Simultaneous transcriptions for great workflow
- Easily upload text and audio files to the software
- Allows you to turn transcription on/off from the app interface
- Transcription is not 100% accurate but still helpful
- Cannot categorize meeting recordings into folders
- Multiple speakers make accuracy more unreliable
Price: Free & Paid ($19.99 - $29.99/month/host)
Reasons8.ai is an AI-empowered meeting notetaker that transcribes and organizes meetings. The company's flagship product, Meeting 8, is a service solution that achieves deep transcription accuracy of over 99%. Reasons8.ai users can then search meeting transcripts by keyword, phrase, name, or topic. The product is ideal for companies interested in digital transformation, e-discovery, compliance, and data analytics. Reasons8.ai is headquartered in Paris with offices in New York and San Francisco.
- Deep transcription accuracy of over 99% even with multiple speakers
- Search meeting transcripts using keywords, phrases, names, or topics
- Reasons8 is a renowned and established company in the field of AI
- The free version is not useful even for minimal usage
- Not the most familiar interface and requires time to get used to it
Price: Free & Paid ($300 - $1250/month)
Hyperia.net is one of the most popular note-taking tools for meetings. It allows its users to take notes of what happens in the meeting by recording audio or video (can be done with an external device). You can then export notes in any format, including PDF, Word Document, JPG, and so on. Hyperia.net is also perfect for business meetings because it has templates that you can load depending on the type of meeting. It also allows the user to share the notes with anyone they want. Several people can use Hyperia.net, and they will all be able to read or edit the document. The users can also share their documents through email, print them or even post them on websites.
- Free plan available
- Automatically join and capture your calls and meetings to create searchable transcripts
- Hyperia’s note-taker enables you to easily share summaries, action items, and more with your team
- Paid plans are far more expensive compared to other products
- The free version is not helpful to get a gist of the software
Price: Free & Paid ($15 - $35/month)
Avoma.com is an AI note-taker that works with most of the popular conferencing platforms. It’s an easy-to-use web app that can be integrated with Google Calendar, Salesforce, and other apps. So, it is ideal for companies doing business online. Avoma.com is great for people who take notes on their computer or tablet during meetings, but it’s also useful for people who want to keep an audio-only record of their meetings. Think of it as note-taking software that works like a note-taking person.
- Records meetings and automatically make notes with timestamps
- ‘Snippet’ feature to capture a small segment of the conversation to share with others
- Organize conversations and quickly find the important parts using keywords
- The user interface is somewhat confusing
- Navigation on the web version could be a little cleaner too
- Scripting of a call or a meeting can take up to 30 minutes
Also read: Top 10 Miro Whiteboard Alternatives Review
With work from home being prevalent after 2020, AI note-takers will perform a major role in increasing the efficiency of online meetings. It will take meetings to the next level by automatically making notes, agendas, and setting reminders. AI can manage meeting content, ensure all attendees are included in the discussion and create a platform for more teamwork. It will also act as an assistant to answer questions and address the needs of the participants. AI is capable enough to take up the jobs of assistants in the near future.